What is Medicare
Medicare is a federal program available to seniors and the disabled. It provides excellent coverage at a reasonable price, and is one of the best insurance options for those eligible.
How It Works
Medicare works by providing health benefits to those unable to work. There are 4 distinct categories of Medicare, each of which works differently with one another, providing different coverage—Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, and Medigap:
• Original Medicare includes Part A and Part B
• You must enroll in Original Medicare before you can access the other plans.
• Medicare Advantage is considered an alternative to Original Medicare (but includes all of the same coverage), and will likely include Part D.
• Part D can only be purchased on its own with Original Medicare.
Medigap can also only be purchased with Original Medicare.
We understand how confusing this all may seem just starting out. If you have any questions here or moving forward, just call The Coleman Agency.
What It Covers
Each of these plans covers a different variety of benefits in different ways:
- Medicare Part A includes inpatient hospital care, nursing home care, skilled nursing care, hospice care, and home health care.
- Medicare Part B covers general medical needs. This includes checkups, preventative services, and more. Most things deemed “medically-necessary” by your doctor will be covered.
- Medicare Advantage, or Part C, combines all of the benefits of Original Medicare, and provides a network of healthcare professionals to reduce your out-of-pocket costs for regular care. Most plans will include Part D as well.
- Medicare Part D: This plan covers a large variety of prescription drugs. Costs will vary depending on the drug, but at least two drugs from each class must be covered by each plan.
- Medigap, or Medicare Supplements, literally “supplement” Original Medicare. These plans cover many of the out-of-pocket costs not included in Original Medicare coverage. Depending on the supplement, this can include deductibles, copayments, and more.
Who Can Get It
Medicare eligibility is limited to a specific group of people. The main group Medicare is catered towards are seniors aged 65 and older. You will more than likely be automatically enrolled in Original Medicare, with the option to enroll in additional plans if you choose. You can also choose to delay your enrollment if you are still working.
For disabled people, one you have received 24 months of Social Security disability benefits, you will be automatically en
Understand Your Medicare Options With The Coleman Agency
This is a lot for any one person to understand. Let us do it for you. We will explain your Medicare coverage and options, and make sure you have peace-of-mind every step of the way. To get started, call The Coleman Agency now.