Auto Insurance


Fort Mill Auto Insurance

Understanding auto coverage is made easy when you allow The Coleman Agency to assist you with your protection. You might get into an accident, your vehicle is stolen, or have an animal run into your car. Accidents happen and having coverage to repair, replace, and indemnify all parties involved, will protection your financial well being.

Each state requires that every licensed drive have auto insurance, regardless if you own a car or not. North Carolina and South Carolina have specific minimum limits of coverage to be compliant with state law. Let The Coleman Agency help you get it. Call us at (803) 802-7507 or request your free quote today.

What Is Car Insurance?

Car insurance helps you pay for unexpected, unpreventable damage to your car. In other words, it is emergency money when you need it most.

  • Coverage can help you pay for damage to your own car resulting from wrecks, vehicle theft, vandalism, fire, weather and more.
  • Your policy can assist you if you cause an accident that harms someone else or their vehicle.
  • Car insurance can help you pay for personal injuries you sustain in a wreck.
  • Your coverage can help you pay for towing, rental car costs and other roadside services.

In other words, car insurance can help you avoid paying out-of-pocket for the things you don’t plan for. For the simple cost of a policy premium, you’ll have financial security in case of unfortunate mishaps.

Why Do You Need Car Insurance?

Every driver must carry car insurance. It is the law. Both North and South Carolina require drivers to carry certain amounts of coverage to legally drive their cars.

Still, don’t think of car insurance as a burden. Consider it an important tool that you can use to protect yourself in challenging, uncertain situations. We guarantee that by carrying coverage, you’ll feel safer and more confident behind the wheel.

Your State's Car Insurance Requirements

Drivers in both North Carolina and South Carolina have requirements, set by law, to carry car insurance. In both states, you must carry:

  • Property Damage Liability Insurance: Coverage will pay for the damage you cause to other parties in a wreck that is your fault. Coverage can pay for their vehicle repairs, for instance.
  • Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This coverage will pay for a third party’s injury costs in the event you harm them in an at-fault wreck.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage: If another driver does not have car insurance, and they are found to be at-fault for an accident, they won’t have the liability coverage to repay you. This coverage comes on your own policy and can help you pay for your own damage.
  • Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Sometimes, another at-fault driver won’t have the right amount of car insurance for all your personal losses. This coverage can help you pay for remaining damage in case the other party’s policy won’t cover you.

In North Carolina, you must have at least:

  • $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
  • $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
  • $25,000 property damage liability protection
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage*

*Depending on how much coverage you choose, you might have to carry either uninsured or underinsured coverage — or both. If you carry only the minimum liability limits, you must carry uninsured motorist coverage. Policies with more than the minimum limits must have combined uninsured/underinsured coverage.

In South Carolina, you must have at least:

  • $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
  • $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
  • $25,000 property damage liability protection
  • Uninsured motorist coverage**

**You must carry uninsured motorist coverage at least at the 25-50-25 limits of your required liability insurance.

Other Available Policy Options

You have no requirement to carry only the liability and un/under insurance required by your state. We recommend that you carry other policy elements, such as:

  • Higher Liability Limits: The more liability coverage you have, the less you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for at-fault accidents.
  • Collision Insurance: This coverage can pay for damage to your own vehicle after a wreck.
  • Comprehensive Insurance: This protection pays for vehicle damage that results from non-accident mishaps. Your policy might pay for damage from weather, fire, theft and other causes.
  • Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers. It might come in the form of Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP). Each might pay for different personal costs, but both serve the same basic interest.
By clicking “Next”, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You also elect to receive updates, newsletters, and offers from The Coleman Agency. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA, and Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.