Renters Insurance


Fort Mill Renters Insurance

Don’t make the mistake of believing that you don’t need renter insurance. Call The Coleman Agency today to discuss your options! With renter’s insurance, you have financial protection if someone is injured at your residence. Renters insurance protects your personal property if damaged, stolen, or vandalized as a result of a covered peril.

Renters insurance covers your possessions against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm, and water damage from plumbing.

However, renter’s insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.

With renter’s insurance, if you are forced out of your home because of a loss, your additional living expenses will be covered. Renters insurance pays the reasonable costs of temporarily living away from your home if you can’t live in it due to a fire, severe storm, or other insured disaster. It covers hotel bills, temporary rentals, restaurant meals and other living expenses incurred while your home is being rebuilt. Coverage for additional living expenses differs from company to company.

Renters insurance also covers your responsibility to other people injured at your home or elsewhere by you, a family member or your pet and pays legal defense costs if you are taken to court. Most landlord and apartment complexes only require $100,000 of liability coverage as part of their lease agreement, but is this enough?

The decision is how much coverage do I need? This is a fair question and we’re hear to help you understand your exposure, then provide solutions to protect against financial disruption.

Add up the cost of everything you would want to replace if it were damaged or stolen. This could also serve as the basis for an inventory that will make filing a claim easier. For an inventory, also record model numbers, dates and places of purchase. Take photographs or make a video of these items and place a copy of the inventory in safe place away from your home. Protection and Peace of Mind is paramount at The Coleman Agency so allow us to store your photos and video’s as part of our value-added services.

If you rent an apartment or house you need insurance to protect your belongings. While your landlord might have insurance, it only protects the building. Your belongings are not covered under those policies! Don’t wait for a loss to understand that you need Protection and Peace of Mind, contact us today at (803) 802-7507.

By clicking “Next”, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You also elect to receive updates, newsletters, and offers from The Coleman Agency. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA, and Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.